Monday 15 December 2008

Family Portraits with a Difference

While on a well earned family break in the winter sun of Havana, I encountered a street 'portrait' photographer in Havana Cuba. Using an old style Kodak camera it was fascinating to watch him and his assistant work. Getting his subjects to still still seemed to be a problem for Jose Gonzalo. He has been working the streets of Havana for 20 years and taken around fives minutes to take and develop the photos. I must say, it was like a history lesson in real time, even if my hand stung of slight acid burn as I walked off with my 2 inch by 2 inch print. More travel photographs are available on www.urbanfoto.co.uk and the blog associated with that site.
Now back from holiday and back at work Greg Forbes, Perthshire based wedding photographer is now taking bookings for 2009 and 2010. I cover Perth, Fife, Highlands, Glasgow, Stirling, Dundee, Edinburgh and the Borders. Please feel free to contact me through my website www.gregforbesphotography.com or on email greg4bs@aol.com .





















No comments: